Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My toddler loves these bite size muffins. I love how good they are for him!
- 236.59 ml white whole wheat flour (all the nutrition of whole wheat, not nearly the "bite." its taste is sweeter and more mild, due to )
- 59.14 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml oats (I use whole rolled oats, but I'm sure quick cooking oats would be fine)
- 118.29 ml flax seed meal (ground flax seed, found in the "nutritional" isle at many grocers)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed (about 3 med-large bananas)
- 78.07 ml vanilla yogurt (substitute with 1/3 cup applesauce for a vegan alternative)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3.69 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute for a vegan alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray (do not use muffin liners, the dough sticks to them too much).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine banana, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and egg, and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently just until fully moistened.
- Fill each muffin tin with an ever-so-slightly heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (11 is best in my oven).
- Alternatives: 8x8 square pan – bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Loaf pan – bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly.
- Read more about www.azcentral.com White Whole Wheat Flour (it's an informative atricle).
Delicious. Great for kids. I'm going to try pumpkin in place of the banana next time.
Another tasty, healthy muffin recipe from Chef Hall. Made full size muffins as I don't have a mini muffin tin. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.