My toddler loves these bite size muffins. I love how good they are for him!
Make and share this Banana Oatmeal Mini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml white whole wheat flour (all the nutrition of whole wheat, not nearly the "bite." its taste is sweeter and more mild, due to )
- 59.14 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml oats (I use whole rolled oats, but I'm sure quick cooking oats would be fine)
- 118.29 ml flax seed meal (ground flax seed, found in the "nutritional" isle at many grocers)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed (about 3 med-large bananas)
- 78.07 ml vanilla yogurt (substitute with 1/3 cup applesauce for a vegan alternative)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3.69 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute for a vegan alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray (do not use muffin liners, the dough sticks to them too much).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine banana, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and egg, and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently just until fully moistened.
- Fill each muffin tin with an ever-so-slightly heaping tablespoon of batter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (11 is best in my oven).
- Alternatives: 8x8 square pan – bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Loaf pan – bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly.
- Read more about www.azcentral.com White Whole Wheat Flour (it's an informative atricle).