1/2 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Mini Muffins
A.B. Hall's Note:
My toddler loves these bite size muffins. I love how good they are for him!
My Private Note
dozen m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (all the nutrition of whole wheat, not nearly the "bite." its taste is sweeter and more mild, due to )
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats (I use whole rolled oats, but I'm sure quick cooking oats would be fine)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seed, found in the "nutritional" isle at many grocers)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 med-large bananas)
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (substitute with 1/3 cup applesauce for a vegan alternative)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute for a vegan alternative)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray (do not use muffin liners, the dough sticks to them too much).
- 3Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4In a smaller bowl, combine banana, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and egg, and stir well.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently just until fully moistened.
- 6Fill each muffin tin with an ever-so-slightly heaping tablespoon of batter.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes (11 is best in my oven).
- 8Alternatives: 8x8 square pan – bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Loaf pan – bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly.
- 9Read more about www.azcentral.com White Whole Wheat Flour (it's an informative atricle).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Mini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g