1/2 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Mini Muffins
A.B. Hall's Note:
My toddler loves these bite size muffins. I love how good they are for him!
My Private Note
dozen m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (all the nutrition of whole wheat, not nearly the "bite." its taste is sweeter and more mild, due to )
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats (I use whole rolled oats, but I'm sure quick cooking oats would be fine)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seed, found in the "nutritional" isle at many grocers)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 med-large bananas)
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt (substitute with 1/3 cup applesauce for a vegan alternative)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute for a vegan alternative)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray (do not use muffin liners, the dough sticks to them too much).
- 3Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4In a smaller bowl, combine banana, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and egg, and stir well.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring gently just until fully moistened.
- 6Fill each muffin tin with an ever-so-slightly heaping tablespoon of batter.
- 7Bake 10-12 minutes (11 is best in my oven).
- 8Alternatives: 8x8 square pan – bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Loaf pan – bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly.
- 9Read more about www.azcentral.com White Whole Wheat Flour (it's an informative atricle).
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Mini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g