1/1 Photo of Banana Oatmeal Honey Bread
This is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe for my son, who is allergic to dairy and eggs. I also added some wheat flour to see how it tasted. It turned out light and delicious! You could make this vegan by not using the goat milk, and adding the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons potato flour (can substitute 2 eggs, just use less milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 large)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1/3 cup rice milk (can substitute low fat milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 340°F.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, potato flour salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk to combine. Stir in oats.
- 3Combine mashed banana, honey, yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla; add to flour mixture and stir until just moist.
- 4Spoon batter into 8 x 8 baking pan (can use 8 x 4 loaf pan) coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 340F for 45 - 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Honey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
goat milk yogurt