Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super yummy oatmeal cookie with a hint of banana. They are the best right out of the oven! Thanks go to Lola for giving me the recipe to try out! See note for 'Trail Mix' variation.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Mix in the rolled oats, coconut and banana.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down with a floured fork if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will still look very soft but the bottoms should be browned. Makes 24 large cookies.
- Note: I also like to subsitute a mix of craisins, raisins, walnuts and white chocolate chips for the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. This will make the 'Trail Mix' cookie.