Recipe by CookingNB
Super yummy oatmeal cookie with a hint of banana. They are the best right out of the oven! Thanks go to Lola for giving me the recipe to try out! See note for 'Trail Mix' variation.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Mix in the rolled oats, coconut and banana.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down with a floured fork if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Cookies will still look very soft but the bottoms should be browned. Makes 24 large cookies.
- Note: I also like to subsitute a mix of craisins, raisins, walnuts and white chocolate chips for the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. This will make the 'Trail Mix' cookie.