Recipe by Bec
I got this recipe from a friend when I was in the tenth grade. She gave me one at lunch and I loved it! (I love banana bread, so this was perfect!) I asked for the recipe that day and I decided to post it! I hope you like it!
Top Review by yellowjellybeans
Really good cookies. Instead of shortening, I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce. It affected the consistency, making it a more cake-y type of cookie, but they tasted great. I'll definitely make them again.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml banana, mashed
- 414.03 ml quick cooking oatmeal
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients (from the flour to the cinnamon).
- Cut in the shortening.
- Add the beaten egg.
- Alternately add the mashed banana and the oatmeal.
- If desired, add the chopped walnuts next.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet (s) at 400 degrees F for 15 min (check at 9 min).