Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Semi-healthy cookies that are sort of a combo between bread, muffins, and cookies. Great for breakfast and to sneak some fiber in your kiddos diets.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream sugar, shortening, and applesauce.
- Mix in egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Add oatmeal, bananas and raisins.
- Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.