Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
More banana and more oatmeal!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, very soft
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mashed banana (1 small or medium)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking sodaand salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars. Beat in egg and banana, followed by the vanilla extract. Gradually, on low speed or by hand, add in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats (either whole rolled oats or “quick cooking”) and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes at 350F, until set and lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely.