Make and share this Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 5 5⁄8 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until golden. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.