Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An alterative to banana bread for over ripe bananas.
Make and share this Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then chocolate and pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean and top is golden, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 3x2-inch bars and serve.
These were delicious. Just like banana bread, in a soft and chewy bar. Be sure to note that it makes a huge pan of bars.
This came out great. It's a very tasty banana nut bread bar.