Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An alterative to banana bread for over ripe bananas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour 15x10x1-inch baking sheet. Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then chocolate and pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean and top is golden, about 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 3x2-inch bars and serve.
These were delicious. Just like banana bread, in a soft and chewy bar. Be sure to note that it makes a huge pan of bars.
This came out great. It's a very tasty banana nut bread bar.