Recipe by spatchcock
This is a rather unusually-flavored, but very good, cake. I think it would work well for bridal or baby showers--a good change from plain yellow or chocolate cake. The batter in this may seem runny, but that's how it's supposed to be before you put it in the oven!
Top Review by *Z*
Very good. Nice and moist cake. I was afraid that I had done something wrong as it was pretty runny, but it turned out just perfect. I topped it with banana frosting-Yummy. I didn't add the nuts and I used canola oil instead of veg.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (4 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease rectangular pan with shortening.
- Beat in large bowl with wooden spoon bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and egg.
- Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped nuts and raisins.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.