Recipe by This Spatula
This is a somewhat sweet bread that rises nice and high and has a moist texture. It makes great fluffernutter sandwiches (marshmallow fluff and peanut butter). Note: This recipe tends to be too wet, so add extra flour as necessary until the dough is no longer sticking to the sides of the machine.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup mashed very ripe banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak steel cut oats in 1/4 cup boiling water until the water has come to room temperature. Drain any excess water.
- Add ingredients to the bread machine as directed by the manufacturer.
- Bake at basic one pound loaf setting.
- When done, remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.