Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very tasty bread!
Make and share this Banana Oatmeal Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal, not instant
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Prepare two 8-cup loaf pans by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt; set aside.
- In mixer bowl and using paddle, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; add bananas, beat again until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients mix to creamed mix, alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set in middle and bread has pulled away slightly from pans.
- Cool before removing from pans.
- Makes 16 servings.
my girls enjoyed making and eating this:) it took quite a bit longer to bake and never did get quite cooked enough for me, but they have already devoured the first loaf