Recipe by PanNan
This is an old Cooking Light recipe. A great recipe for a grab and go breakfast. This is a Midwest U.S. region recipe where oats are grown in a huge way.
Top Review by FaithB25
We had our first outdoor family brunch (a tradition during the spring season). This bread is one of the things I served. It was very easy and turned out very delicious. We ate it warm with a cinnamon-butter spread. Wonderful and thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well.
- Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk.
- Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 9 X 5 loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.