Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think even I will like this one and I don't like bananas!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (2 5/8 ounce) chocolate candy bars, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (such as Hershey's special dark)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour 15x10x1-inch baking sheet.
- Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Beat butter in large bowl until fluffly. Add both sugars and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, then vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then chocolate and pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean and top os golden, about 45 minutes. Cool in oan on rack. Cut into 3x2-inch bars and serve.
My daughter entered these in the county fair, and did not win a ribbon but they are good all the same. Next time I would probably leave out the pecans because I thought there were too many flavors competing in these.
Delicious! Just loved the banana-chocolate combination. I made a couple of changes. I used a glass 9x13 dish, and cut down on the sugar. I used 1 cup of white sugar, and 1 and 1/3 cup of brown sugar. Still tasted sweet. I sprinkled some powdered sugar on top while still warm. I'll be making this again for sure! Thanks, Hazeleyes