- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup nuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup dried fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, soda and spices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- Add bananas and vanilla beat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture and oats until well combined.
- If using fruit or nuts, add them now.
- Pour into a grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for about 25 minutes or until golden.