1/3 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Bars
These can be eaten for breakfast or anytime. Kids will eat them before the realize how much oatmeal they contain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raw quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup nuts (optional) or 3/4 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1Combine flour, salt, soda and spices and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- 3Add bananas and vanilla beat until smooth.
- 4Gradually stir in flour mixture and oats until well combined.
- 5If using fruit or nuts, add them now.
- 6Pour into a grease 9x13 baking pan.
- 7Bake at 425° for about 25 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g