Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Stick to your ribs good!
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 small banana, cut four slices, save for top of oatmeal, cut rest into small pieces
- 1 pinch allspice
- Bring milk, salt, vanilla, and brown sugar to a boil.
- Add oats and allspice.
- Reduce to medium boil for 5 minutes.
- Add banana, turn off heat, let set for 2-3 minutes.
- Put into 2 bowls, sprinkle brown sugar for color, and place 2 banana slices.
This was pretty yummy.. I also felt like there was too much milk, but I just ended up cooking the oats an extra minute or two and they absorbed it. I also used vanilla soy milk and added some cinnamon.
I love creamy oatmeal, so this recipe was perfect for me. I halved the recipe, used a little honey instead of brown sugar and used a small, very ripe banana and some cinnamon. Loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Very good hearty breakfast for a cold rainy day! I made a large batch of this, added a little cinnamon, used a touch more banana. I usually like low sugar oatmeals, but I think 1 tbsp was too little. This could be made sinful with a little butter brown sugar sauteed bananas ( Bananas Foster) to go over top. ;)