Recipe by dyve_leighdee
I love muffins, any baked goods for that matter, but that has a negative effect on my waist line...so I took a muffin recipe that I found and made some modifications to make it healthier and more body friendly. Here's what I came up with.
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 4 bananas, mashed (approx 2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Blend egg beaters, vinilla, banana, and apple sauce until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moist.
- Add sunflower seeds.
- Use muffin pan with medium size muffin cups, spray with cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.