Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These taste just like banana bread! From the King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking cook book.
Make and share this Banana-Oat Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour (I put regular oats in a food processor until flour consistency)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Stir together mashed bananas, lemon juice and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a seperate small bowl and create a well in the center.
- Pur in the wet ingredients.
- Stir the batter until thoroughly moistened.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before using.
- Heat a nonstick griddle (or brush surface with oil if not non-stick). Surface of pan is hot enough when a drop of water sputters accross it.
- Spoon batter (I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup - we like small pancakes)on hot surface.
- Sprinkle pancakes with walnuts if desired.
- Let the pancakes cook 3-4 minutes on the first side or until bubbles begin to form around the edges of the cakes. Adjust heat as necessary.
- Flip and let them finish on the other side. They should be golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a 200 degree oven.