Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups Robin Hood oats or 1 1⁄4 cups Old mill oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (4-6 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine first 6 dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg, banana and melted butter together in small bowl until smooth.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups almost full.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Banana bread and muffins are moist by nature, but these were incredible! The addition of oats makes this a very hearty muffin. I made a few changes due only to personal preferences. I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, brown sugar instead of granulated, and substituted half the amount of butter with applesauce. When mashing my bananas, I leave a few small chunks, just because that's the way I like it. My compliments to the chef!
Amazing! So easy to make- actually the first time I've ever made muffins, and within 3 batches I was able to make substitutions (applesauce for butter, whole-wheat flour for white, honey for sugar) and still have amazing muffins! I would definitely recommend this to friends, and actually already have!!!
Mmm. So moist. I did not have any nuts so I did not add them, but, these were still amazing. Very hearty , they fill you up.