Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice low-fat muffin that I was given several years ago by a friend.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin cups with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine egg, milk, honey, applesauce, banana, and oats; let stand five minutes.
- Stir together remaining ingredients. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until moistened. Spoon into pan; bake 18 to 20 minutes.
love these! changed quite a bit tho :) used ~1/2 C pumpkin instead of apple sauce, mixture of oatmeal, oat bran and grapenuts for oats, 2/3 to 1/2 ratio WW flour and reg flour, added vanilla, a bit more milk (skim), added in about 1/2-2/3 C of plain yogurt for moisture. extra tsp of baking powder, oh and i didnt add the sugar either. mine made 18 normal sized muffins. will definitely make these again! thanks!
I made these to get a change from the usual banana bread I make, and we love them - especially my three year old. They are just right not too sweet with a lot of flavor and healthy with makes me - mom very happy. I did not have applesauce so I substituted apple butter and did not add the ¼ cup of sugar, it worked out perfect. Thank you for sharing your banana oat muffins I have a feeling that I will be making them often.