Recipe by dicentra
This is from Trail Food. I haven’t tried it yet, and it looks like it needs something a little more… cinnamon? Nutmeg?
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Beat in egg, salt and banana. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Turn into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool, and cut into bars. Wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator.