Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
A moist cookie that's very similar to banana bread - only in convenient cookie form! Can add chocolate chips or nuts, as desired. Only contains 2 tablespoons of flour...
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
These are okay but they definitely need some tweaking. I made the recipe as stated and the cookie seemed a bit rubbery. With the second half of the batter I added some extra flour, cinnamon, allspice and ground cloves. Even with that it still needed something more, if I had some nutmeg that would have helped. If the nuts and/or chips were added that probably would have helped the flavor. Since the recipe calls for that and I didn't add it, I'll give this a 3 star review. Made for the Bargain Basement game.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate chips, and (optional) or nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 3 ingredients together in a bowl. Add egg whites and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients except nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- After dough is mixed add nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Batter will seem too liquid but drop on cookie sheet anyway.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 to 15 minutes.