Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Derived from #8845 but with enough changes that I wanted to enter it as new. These are SO moist. I was making them to freeze for when school starts and had to flash freeze them not touching so they wouldn't stick, they were that moist!
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium bananas
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin cups thoroughly.
- Combine the oats, flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well (I use a stand mixer).
- With a hand mixer in a medium bowl, beat bananas into mush. I beat mine a lot since we don't like chunks of banana in ours. Add egg, applesauce, and cinnamon and beat til smooth and well-blended.
- With mixer on slow or stir, slowly add banana mixture to dry mix. Mix til all ingredients are completely incorporated and moist.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips by hand or with mixer on "stir" (this is a wet, thick batter, so hand mixing will be a work out!).
- Spoon into muffin cups until they are almost completely full.
- Bake for 22 minutes or til lightly springy to the touch.
- Let cool completely on wire racks before removing from pan--these are so moist that if you don't they'll fall apart in your hands.
- These freeze great for quick, healthy school day breakfasts!