Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in a magazine advert for Uncle Tobys Oats. I would expect that any traditional oats could be used.
- 185 ml milk, Carnation Light and Creamy Cooking Milk was recommended
- 165 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 45 g oats, traditional
- 300 g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 10 cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Whisk Carnation Light & Creamy Cooking Milk, sugar and eggs together in a medium bowl.
- Fold in bananas, oats and flour.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bale 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cooled with margarine or butter if desired.
I couldn't find any Carnation Light and Creamy Cooking Milk so I used Carnation Fat Free Condensed Milk instead. I also used Splenda brown sugar substitute. Very easy to make and the end result is a moist flavorful bread. You can really taste the bananas in the bread. Made for January 2013 Aus/NZ Swap.