Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe from Rachel, my MIL. A tip from Rachel: line loaf pans with wax paper to avoid over-browning.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs or 1 (8 ounce) carton egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup pecans
- Cream margarine and gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed.
- Add eggs (or egg substitute) one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with mashed bananas and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix oats, raisins, and pecans together and then fold into the above mixture.
- Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake loaves in 350 degree oven for approximately 55 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- When cool, refrigerate for 24 hours and then freeze, if desired.