Yummy muffins with only fruit as the sweetener. Also, no flour only oat bran. This is the second recipe I have tried from "Sweet & Natural; Desserts without sugar, honey, molasses or artificial sweeteners" by Janet Warrington. This is definitely not a cupcake, but a good solid muffin with good nutrition. My kids liked them with jelly or a little spray butter (Hey, we can't eat perfectly ALL the time!). Dense and moist these are a nice breakfast or snack. I used frozen banana because I have a ton of bananas in my freezer, plus I think it mashes more easily. But feel free to use what you have!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Spray your muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients in 1 bowl.
- In another mix the banana, the milk, egg whites, and oil together until they are well combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until it is combined. Then add the raisins and combine.
- Put them into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden.