Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy muffins with only fruit as the sweetener. Also, no flour only oat bran. This is the second recipe I have tried from "Sweet & Natural; Desserts without sugar, honey, molasses or artificial sweeteners" by Janet Warrington. This is definitely not a cupcake, but a good solid muffin with good nutrition. My kids liked them with jelly or a little spray butter (Hey, we can't eat perfectly ALL the time!). Dense and moist these are a nice breakfast or snack. I used frozen banana because I have a ton of bananas in my freezer, plus I think it mashes more easily. But feel free to use what you have!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Spray your muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients in 1 bowl.
- In another mix the banana, the milk, egg whites, and oil together until they are well combined.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until it is combined. Then add the raisins and combine.
- Put them into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until golden.
Yes, these were very dense, a bit dry, even using a whole egg. The taste was very good. I used raisins and cranberries, and a little bit of slivered almonds. The reduced sugar recipe was much appreciated!
very dense. didnt put in nutmeg (had none), no raisins (personal preference), left the bananas in some chunks, added ~1/4c brown sugar (trader joes), added extra cinnamon, 1 egg instead of 2 egg whites. out of the oven, it's just okay, i think it really needs the raisins, but i dont like raisins.
really great muffins! No raisins in the house, but chocolate chips worked just fine.