Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy, healthy muffin with no added fat.
Make and share this Banana-Oat Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 very ripe bananas, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, applesauce and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Mix in bananas.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups (spray muffin pan with nonstick spray first).
- Bake until toothpick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These were SO good! I used all whole wheat flour, Splenda & added 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. I also added 1 tsp cinn & got about 10 jumbo muffins. Great banana flavor too without being overly sweet. I did end up using almost 2 cups mashed bananas--black ones have the BEST flavor! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Like another reviewer, we used whole wheat flour and splenda- turned out to be delicious! Thanks.
A great healthy muffin! I used 1/2 all-purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat; 1/2 cup of wheat bran 1/2 cup of wheat germ instead of oat bran; added 1 ts of cinnamon. Mashed the bananas sort of carelessly, so I was left with a few lumps. Lovely, just-sweet-enough flavour, and I really like the texture. Next time I might add some diced apple, just to up the yumminess factor even further! Thank you for sharing!