Recipe by Dancer^
A yummy, healthy muffin with no added fat.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
These were SO good! I used all whole wheat flour, Splenda & added 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. I also added 1 tsp cinn & got about 10 jumbo muffins. Great banana flavor too without being overly sweet. I did end up using almost 2 cups mashed bananas--black ones have the BEST flavor! Thanks so much for sharing!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 very ripe bananas, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, applesauce and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Mix in bananas.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups (spray muffin pan with nonstick spray first).
- Bake until toothpick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.