Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lower calorie version of my favourite muffin recipe
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups mashed ripe bananas (5-6 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup cranberries
- Combine the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Beat together egg, bananas and applesauce until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir to blend.
- Stir in cranberries just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.