Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, raisins, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat together the banana, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed and moistened.
- Prepare a 9x13 inch or similar baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve.
I had 5 cups of mashed banana in the freezer and a bunch of oats to use up so I made a massive batch of this recipe, baked it in big baking dishes and froze most of it. It was good right out of the oven but I found it tasted even better when I put it in tupperware on the counter and had it over the next couple days. I put in mixed fruits (raisins, cherries, etc.) in place of just raisins and thought that made it pretty nice. Thanks for the recipe!