Everybody loves these (not just people on special diets)! For a special treat, substitute blueberries or vegan chocolate chips for the nuts.
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 414.03 ml soymilk or 414.03 ml rice milk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml honey or 14.79 ml agave nectar
- 473.18 ml gluten-free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour)
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped almonds or 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- Heat waffle iron.
- Beat bananas, milk substitute, oil, and sweetener with a wire whisk or electric mixer.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just mixed. Batter may be lumpy.
- Fold in nuts or berries or chocolate chips.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 2/3 cup of batter onto the center of the iron. Close lid.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle and serve with non-hydrogenated margarine (I like Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread) and real maple syrup or honey. Other serving suggestions: spread with peanut butter or top with fresh berries and vegan whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
- If you have extra batter, either store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two OR go ahead and cook up some more waffles and freeze them in Ziploc bags. Then toast for a weekday morning treat!