Recipe by Divinemom5
Another bar cookie recipe from Womans Day Magazine
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These were just delicious! I made these today, and they were a big hit. I am always looking for new and delicious recipes to use up ripe bananas, and this one is one of them! I just love the texture and the taste of these bars. Made exactly as directed and drizzled them with glaze. Easy to put together with an outstanding taste, this is a winner!... thanks for posting...Kittencal:)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line 13X9X2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat bananas and butter in large bowl.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs,one at a time Stir in vanilla Add dry ingredients,nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan Bake 40 minutes,or until top is dry to the touch Cool on wire rack 15 minutes Remove bar from pan (using edges of foil) cool completely In small bowl,mix powdered sugar and 2 tsps.
- Transfer to small plastic bag In second bowl,stir in 1/4 C powederd sugar,1 1/2 tsps water and cocoa.
- Transfer to another bag Snip one corner from each bag,drizzle both over top of bars.