Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My hubby has high cholesterol but also loves to eat. So I came up with these muffins made with olive oil and black walnuts to cut saturated fat and give him the healthy fats he needs. And they fill him up so he can "munch" without feeling guilty.
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup black walnut, chopped
- Mash bananas in med sized bowl. Add flours, oatmeal, soda, powder and salt. Mix well.
- In 2 c measuring cup mix egg sub, olive oil, water and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, mix well, batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spray standard size muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide batter between cups equally (each will be 3/4 full).
- Bake at 400 for 18 to 20 mins till golden or till tooth pick comes out clean.
- Immediately turn out onto cooling rack and enjoy warm or allow to cool.