Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Chicago Sun-Times and was featured in an article about the 'Cavendish' banana....America's favorite type of banana.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter and honey.
- Blend in mayonnaise.
- Slice bananas; dip in lemon juice.
- Arrange bananas on lettuce.
- Drizzle with peanut butter dressing.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
I thought this sounded really strange, but I wanted to try it for my little guy who loves bananas. We all enjoyed it!
I made this exactly as written. My family and I found it very enjoyable.