Recipe by Hoosier Margie
This had to have come from a Jello cook book. This recipe calls for dream whip. Do they still make that? Where can you find a doughnut cutter today? Do they still make them? Not a clue how long to let this set up.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Dream Whip (or Cool whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water Drain pineapple, measuring syrup (juice).
- Add cold water to juice to make 1 1/2 cup; add to Jello.
- Chill until very thick.
- Fold in pecans and bananas.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart ring mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Prepare dream whip (thaw Cool Whip) as package directs.
- Fold in drained pineapple.
- To serve, unmold ring and spoon pineapple mixture into center.
- Garnish with quartered maraschino cherries.