1/4 Photos of Banana-Nut Pound Cake
1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Better Homes and Garden favorite reader recipe of the year (2012).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- 2In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add sugar, beating about 7 minutes or until light.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition; scrape bowl frequently.
- 5In a separate bowl combine bananas, bourbon and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- 6Bake 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To acquire an even sprinkling, use a sieve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Nut Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 265.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g