Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Better Homes and Garden favorite reader recipe of the year (2012).
Make and share this Banana-Nut Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add sugar, beating about 7 minutes or until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition; scrape bowl frequently.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, bourbon and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in pecans. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To acquire an even sprinkling, use a sieve.
Found this while looking for a way to use up ripe bananas. Glad I did!! Great moist cake. I did not dust with powdered sugar simply because I forgot until after the cake was cut. I did use the bourbon instead if milk. Will be making this cake again!
Amazing. Do not change a thing. I used milk. It was a big hit with my family. It is time consuming but well worth it.
The extra beating that is required makes this a nice fluffy cake. My friends and family love it!