Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adding a little Pina Colada yogurt to an otherwise ordinary Banana Nut Bread Recipe, gives it a little extra "something special." Add some Kahlua and make it extraordinary.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces pina colada yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, self-rising
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
- while mixing, add eggs, one at a time.
- blend in the yogurt, milk, Kahlua, vanilla and lemon juice.
- From here on only use a spoon to-- add the mashed bananas.
- fold in the flour and baking powder, stir.
- sprinkle in the nuts and stir. If you leave out the nuts, also reduce the milk to 1/4 cup.
- Pour the mixture into two prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Tip: In choosing your backing pan, keep in mind that glass cooks more quickly than metal, dark metal cooks more quickly than light metal.
Excellent paring of flavors. I really enjoyed this version of Banana Nut Bread. There was just enough pineapple/coconut flavor from the yogurt to add interest. I also opted to go with the Kahlua which added a whole other dimension to the flavors!