Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adding a little Pina Colada yogurt to an otherwise ordinary Banana Nut Bread Recipe, gives it a little extra "something special." Add some Kahlua and make it extraordinary.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
- while mixing, add eggs, one at a time.
- blend in the yogurt, milk, Kahlua, vanilla and lemon juice.
- From here on only use a spoon to-- add the mashed bananas.
- fold in the flour and baking powder, stir.
- sprinkle in the nuts and stir. If you leave out the nuts, also reduce the milk to 1/4 cup.
- Pour the mixture into two prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Tip: In choosing your backing pan, keep in mind that glass cooks more quickly than metal, dark metal cooks more quickly than light metal.
Excellent paring of flavors. I really enjoyed this version of Banana Nut Bread. There was just enough pineapple/coconut flavor from the yogurt to add interest. I also opted to go with the Kahlua which added a whole other dimension to the flavors!