Recipe by elastigirl
A reduced-fat cookie with a cakey texture and the flavor of banana nut bread. Another in the "Cookies for Breakfast" series!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans (you can also use walnuts if preferred)
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oats, milk, and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together brown sugar, egg whites, mashed banana, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and stir well to combine.
- Add oat mixture and stir well (the cookie dough will look like lumpy oatmeal).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick spray or lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork or spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.