Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite breakfasts. Pretty simple, but a good combinataion.
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana (smashed)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 4 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- Bring water to a boil. Add oats and cook 1 minute Remove from heat and cover.
- Add all other ingredients except walnuts and half and half.
- Divide into two bowls. Top each with half of walnuts and half of half and half.
Amazing! I doubled the recipe (for my daycare kids) & made it just as written, except I only used 3 T of brown sugar instead of 4 and it was perfect! Thanks so much! The kids LOVED it :)
Mmm good! Have had banana and oatmeal before, but the addition of the vanilla and cinnamon makes this one better then the others we have had. Made as written and found the oatmeal just a bit thin, next time will cut the water to 1 1/2 cups. Thanks so much for the post.
Very good. With the banana it is very filling, and definitely served 2 big eaters at our house. Like another reviewer, I skipped the margarine and halved the brown sugar, since we do not like things too sweet.