Recipe by magpie diner
From Vegan-a-Go-Go. They didn't give specifics for the type of flour or the type of milk, I chose whole wheat flour & almond milk this time, in order to get the right nutritional data.....it sounds like nearly any flour or milk would work. Haven't tried yet....but plan to!
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour (or sub flour of your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (or any light oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup almond milk (any vegan milk will do)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees Celsius In a large bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mash up the bananas quite well then add in the oil, vanilla and milk.
- Combine the banana mixture with the flour mixture and blend until "just" mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.