Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can either make muffins or a 9 inch loaf. You can use toasted pecans or raw mamadamia nuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 medium bananas, mashed and very ripe
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Line muffin tins with muffin liners, spray with a vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients, Stir in walnuts. Set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, beaten eggs, buttermilk and the extracts. Fold into the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees.
A REAL Winner! The only thing I added is the streusel topping for the WOW factor! I also sifted the flour 3X to make my loaf softer.
This was a wonderful way to use up some overripe bananas and extra walnuts! I used sugar, and also oil instead of the margarine because I realized I didn't have any margarine... and soy milk plus vinegar for the buttermilk. I have never even heard of banana extract, so I didn't have any, but nobody seemed to mind! I was using unshelled walnuts, and after shelling them I had little patience to chop them into small pieces... and I forgot to toast them, but it all worked out fine. I took some into the office and everyone loved them. Thanks for postin!