Recipe by evelyn/athens
Delicious banana nut muffins. On the breaksfast table in half an hour.
Top Review by ShortyBond
These were absolultely delicious!! I made two batches, one with nuts and one without (because I don't care for nuts, myself, but my family likes them). They were incredible. The only thing I would say is they are a tad dry... not so bad that you don't enjoy them, just a little. Maybe consider adding more buttermilk next time?? Other than that they are so tasty!! Thanks again for a wonderful recipe that I will make often!!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml mashed ripe bananas
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease muffin cups.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, and stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.