Recipe by evelyn/athens
Delicious banana nut muffins. On the breaksfast table in half an hour.
Top Review by ShortyBond
These were absolultely delicious!! I made two batches, one with nuts and one without (because I don't care for nuts, myself, but my family likes them). They were incredible. The only thing I would say is they are a tad dry... not so bad that you don't enjoy them, just a little. Maybe consider adding more buttermilk next time?? Other than that they are so tasty!! Thanks again for a wonderful recipe that I will make often!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease muffin cups.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separately cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, and stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.