Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Spray a muffin tin with vegetable oil or line with muffin papers.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat oil with sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating.
- Add mashed bananas and combine well.
- Combine matzo cake meal, potato starch, cream of tartar, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg - banana mixture, until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted in the center has moist crumbs.
Wow! Were these ever good! Initially I was attracted to the unusual ingredients in this recipe; walnut oil, potato starch, etc. not the usual staples required for muffin making. The muffins were exceedingly moist (the walnut oil no doubt) and I particularly loved the addition of cinnamon, a nice, delicate balance with the banana and walnuts. Hubby thought they were a little bit sweet but I thought they were just right, I suppose sugar to taste will vary slightly from one to another. These are definitely a keeper in our house. I’m submitting a photo of these tasty morsels and I would encourage anyone to indulge themselves in baking up a batch of these marvelous muffins!
I found this recipe by accident, but I'm very glad I did. I whipped up a batch of these last night to have for our Passover breakfast on Thursday, but they didn't survive the tasting. I needed to make another two batches this morning, and they are already in the freezer. Gay, these are superb. I didn't have any cream of tartar that was kosher for Passover, so I just did without, and they came out fine. This is an ideal Passover recipe.
I promised months ago to made these muffins for the Gay and Troy tribute.Sorry Gay,I am so far behind in my reviews. My Dh loved these muffins,and I have made them a couple times for him.Other than having problems finding some of the ingredients, they were easy to make.I thought the texture of the muffins were heavy,( if that makes sense)but DH said he liked them like that. TY for a recipe that makes hubby happy!:0)