Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This recipe is a little different than the normal banana nut bread recipe because I used mayonnaise instead of oil. Believe me though, they are very good, and very moist.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 bananas, 1 chopped and one mashed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cupcake cups in cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add salt, vanilla, mayonnaise and butter. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Beat until mixed.
- Add baking powder, all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. Beat until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cups, a little more then 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.