Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have made some changes and they are very good if I do say so myself. I took the advise of the reviewer and added spices. I baked mine for 30 min. But check with toothpick after 20 minutes.
- 2 cups white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3-1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you want your muffins (I use 2/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans are good)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas. Add vanilla to banana mixture.
- Mix nuts with flour and add all at once to banana mixture, stirring gently to just combine
- Spoon batter into 6 greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups.
- Batter will be thick.
- Bake in 375 degree F. oven 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with homemade jam or jelly.
I made them to take to Sunday School and everyone loved them. I used pecans as the nuts.
These were AWESOME :) (I only used 2 bananas) Thanks for posting :)
This recipe was wonderful. I substituted oatmeal for the wheat germ and added 3/4 tsp vanilla. My husband loves them. Thank you for the recipe.