Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I use coconut oil and whole wheat flour in this recipe for a healthy alternative, making it a guilt-free treat!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup organic coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup organic raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Heat coconut oil over low heat in small saucepan and add to bananas,.
- Mix in sugar, egg, vanilla and milk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners. Fill 2/3 full and bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Great recipe for banana muffins! I followed the recipe to a tee, except for using white flour instead of whole wheat. I highly recommend these! Baked for 30 minutes. Made for PAC - 2014