Recipe by paula
This is from Zoya Foco's Lickety-Split Meals cookbook. I modified to fit the ingredients I had in the pantry.
- 2 1⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. If using papers, spray the inside of the papers and top of muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a fork, mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas and add the eggs, milk and applesauce, mixing well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.